Friday, March 14, 2008

My favorite poem!

I have had this poem since i was a little girl.
It rings in my head from time to time, ever since i have become a mother.
Thats why when people say to me "you sure have your hands full"
I always respond with "i'd rather have them full, instead of empty"

My hands were busy through the day
I didn't have much time to play
The little games you asked me to,
I didn't have much time for you.

I'd wash your clothes, I'd sew and cook
But when you'd bring your picture book
And ask me please to share your fun
I'd say, "A little later, hon."

I'd tuck you in all safe at night
And hear your prayers, turn out the light
Then tiptoe softly to the door,
I wish I'd stayed a minute more.

For life is short, the years rush past,
A little girl grows up so fast.
No longer is she at your side
Her precious secrets to confide,

The picture books are put away,
There aren't any games to play,
No goodnight kiss, no prayers to hear
That all belongs to yesteryear.

My hands once busy now lie still
The days are long and hard to fill,
I wish I might go back and do
The little things you asked me to!

1 comments:

Cassesa Family said...

awe! that is such a good poem!
Logging off now to spend some time with my girl!