Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Split second..

cuz...seriously, that's all I have!
I've been so busy and am so run down, that by the end of the day I feel like I can't breathe.
I don't do 'busy' well.
Well, okay, with 5 kids I'm always busy, but it's my comfort-zone busy.
Not forced busy.
Forced- busy meaning pertaining to any and everything outside of my typical, already busy day, (ever tried to cook 2 separate meals with a baby on your hip , while helping 3 kids with homework, so that I can then give them baths and read 4 chapters of junie b jones before bed, while your oldest child is at cheerleading practice, and your husband is still at work, and you have 7 peoples worth of laundry all over your bedroom floor?)
Go ahead, try it, it's super fun!
Nah, I can handle that, it's my everyday life and believe it or not, I'm in my total element when I'm in super-mom mode.
My children give me complete and neverending joy, faith, and love.
All of lifes everyday problems seem to melt away when we're cuddled up together.
They make me laugh so hard I cry, and cry so hard I laugh, they make my heart feel like its so full that it will burst , although somehow,each new day, it seems to have more room, I just don't know how I got to be so lucky, and I thank God for them every day of my life.
So adding the 'forced-busy' days full of dr. appointments, Christmas shopping nightmares, school projects that take 5 million hours, having the tremendous stresses of financial worries, and thoughts of my upcoming surgeries (in february by the way, ho-hum) , poops me out.
.... throw any extra busy at me and that'll suck.
Ginormously so.
I'm the type of girl that sticks her fingers in her ears, closes her eyes, and says "lalalala i can't hear you" and poof, those problems are shoved to the back of my mind in a little black box with a big pink bow for another day...
I need to be able to wear my jammies all day, i take and pick up the kids in my jammies, the teachers always look forward to seeing which ones i'll be wearing.
Today it was my white fleece jammie bottoms that have merry Christmas written in green and red all over, with my long green and white striped shirt, and my red sweatshirt, and my lime green and yellow nike's.
Come on, don't be jealous.
I need to go at my own pace, in my own little world, and chillax with the kids.
That's the way we like it.
Friday, the kids have a half day followed by 16 days off for Christmas break.
I'll be able to breathe then.
Are ya'll finished hearing me babble?
Are you sure, cuz I can babble some more ya know.

Here are some recent pictures...
The first set is of Nattie....I just can't beleive she's 10 days away from being 9 months old! My sweet and silly gooseball. She's my precious little doll.
The second is of Carson the night of his pre-k program. We had a special cake and gift for him afterward because he was such a big boy singing up on stage.
The 3rd set is lil' bobby's birthday party.....although his birthday is in october....yes, life has been THAT busy, that we just had his party in december.













3 comments:

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

How do you have time to blog my dear? And I bet you look sexy in your PJs and Nikes rolling up to drop the kids off at school. I myself right now am rocking some nice old navy PJ's and a Du Claw brewing tee shirt that says "get some skirt". How lovely.

Holidays are so freakin' stressful. I think all of us are feeling the mad rush!

Hope you bet back in your groove, cause I sure do miss your daily posts.

Love you and Merry Christmas!

Jennie said...

Dar - Your surgery is in February?? I have my fingers double crossed for you! I love the pictures of cute little Natalie & the birthday celebrations look awesome :)

Minivan Momma said...

Dar, I miss you, girl! I'm soooo glad you scheduled your surgeries. Are you having them both done at the same time, or separately? That seems like too much for one time, but what do I know.

The kids are adorable. I can't believe Nattie is 9 months old. And I also can't believe that Audrey's thighs are just as chunky but she's 7 months younger! Gotta love the chunk, though.

Sorry you're so busy. We miss you over on the board. Come back when you get a chance.