Monday, July 21, 2008

rump shaker

I rarely have issues with the beans intentionally hurting one another.
They have been raised since birth with the following rules:

  • No taking the Lords name in vain
  • No saying the word 'hate'
  • No name calling
  • No using your hands in a hurtful way (no hitting kicking, etc.)
The beans never seem to break rules 1 and 2.
RARELY break rule 3, i'll hear the occasional 'your a poopy butt' but they are usually being goofy with eachother, so i just give a warning.
The last rule, is the only rule that never gets a warning, if someones hurts someone else intentionally, its straight to Time Out (which is on our staircase, and is one minute per year (so carson 4 minutes, bobby 6, sierra 7).

When they go to time out, i explain to them exactly what they did, and why they are there, and tell them i will see them in x amount of minutes.
When thier time is up, they need to tell ME why they were there, so that they understand, and then they need to apologize to the person.

I honestly rarely need to use time out....during the school year, hardly ever, however now that its summer, and everyone is home, i may need to use it once in a while.
We lead by example and follow the same rules (never say hate, never take the Lords name in vain, Bob and I have never name called OR hit eachother or the kids, so thats easy.
I really feel they learn what they see.

So here was our situation:
Sierra comes in crying "Carson BIT my buttcheeks waaaaaaaaah"
Now, remember my rules, straight to time out for hurting someone, right?
So its "Carson, WHY did you bite your sisters buttcheeks?"
He is crying at this point because she told on him.
And he WAILS "Cause she was shakin' it in my FACE"

Well, dang, if someone was shaking thier rump in my face i might bite it too!
I wonder if Bob ever bit MY butt?
hmmm.

By the way.......yes Im well aware that today is Video monday, and I missed LAST video monday (shame shame) so I owe TWO video's today.
I'll get 'er done, promise!

0 comments: